Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message, to a group of people, using email. It is a must-have in digital marketing strategy. There are many reasons why email marketing plays such a critical role in overall digital marketing.
What is Email Marketing?
Promoting a business by sending emails and newsletters which involves advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations, is what we call Email Marketing. Email Marketing plays a critical role in overall digital marketing.
- It helps in approaching the customers in a highly personalized way, maintaining a friendly relationship with current as well as previous customers.
- There are many marketing trends that come and go but email remains the most powerful channel available to the modern marketer.
- Today probably everyone uses Email and the world of email continues to grow and be more prevalent in the lives of people. A marketer has many channels available to reach his/her audience, but with limited time and resources, one needs to prioritize the efforts. Email Marketing is by far the most effective channel to attract, engage and connect with an audience to drive sales and revenue for your business.
- There are both pros and cons to using email marketing in comparison to traditional advertising mail.
- Email is an easy way to reach mobile customers.
- It's an effective way to keep customers informed at any time.
- It's easy to customize and integrate into other marketing tactics. Email marketing is inexpensive and faster when compared with a traditional mail.
- If compared to standard email, direct email marketing produces higher response rate and higher average order value for e-commerce businesses.
- Too many e-mails from various marketers.
- Too much online marketing.
- Unsubscribe buttons? anyone can press it easily.
- Spam filters catch bulk marketing emails.
- Companies considering the use of an email marketing program must make sure that their program does not violate spam laws.